The easiest way to watch 3D stereoscopic video using VLC:
– Go to Tools –> Effects and filters (or Ctrl+E)
– Choose the Video Effects –> Crop tab
– Crop from left or right exactly half of your full video resolution (usually 960 pixels)
– Close the effects dialog
– Change the aspect ration to 32:9 and there you go
(If you don’t have a 32:9 aspect ration it can be manually added using advanced settings like below)
– Open VLC, and go to Tools > Preferences.
1. Choose Show settings > All.
2. From the left pane, scroll down to the bottom and click Video.
3. From the right pane, scroll down to Source aspect ratio; fill in 32:9.
4. Hit Save
The next time you open VLC, your videos will automatically have your chosen aspect ratio